Malana Smith
Fund. of Speech
Mon, Wed, Fri
Self-Evaluation #1
4-6-14
Self-Evaluation- Persuasive Speech
1. Initial Observation- I felt that, though this speech was not
bad, it definitely could have been better.
2. Introduction: I know it helped grab the audience and
give them an emotional appeal, I am just unsure if I transitioned adequately.
3. Body: My points seemed pretty clean and I had a
lot of good information. I am just afraid that it was more based out of biased
than actual research.
4. Conclusion: I loved being able to share my story on
how dating for marriage worked for me, but I am unsure if I gave the audience
the tools in order to also have the same type of success. I feel like I more addressed
a problem and not so much the solution.
5. What I did well: I felt that I dressed nice and I
presented a topic that was unlike any other. I felt that I was able to fill in
holes that may have been in my argument before which helped me transition. I
felt I kept great confidence and used my slides appropriately.
6. What I will improve: I had a habit of becoming too comfortable
during my speech that I began to slouch and not act professional as much. I think
I treated it more as a lesson and not a speech, and because of that, I became
too casual with my demeanor. I said the word “crap” which is absolutely
unprofessional and I think I rabbit trailed too much. I also needed have more
scientific or research evidence to prove my thesis.
7.
How well did I persuade? Considering
most of the students of my class do not seem to have to same values as I do, my
subject may have come off as too strange or too pushy. For most, dating for marriage
is a foreign concept. I believe this is one of the reasons I did not get as
many compliments. I think it made many people think and get a different
perspective on a critical issue in their lives, which is what I wanted to do in
the first place.
No comments:
Post a Comment