Thursday, January 23, 2014

Intro speech- fundamentals of speech

Malana Smith
 Fundamentals of Speech
Introduction Speech
1-24-14
Outline of Introduction Speech

General Purpose: To introduce.
Specific Purpose: To convey to the audience why my first, middle, and last name describe me and my life.
Title: The Power in a Name
Central Idea: The original dialectic meaning of my first, middle, and last name describes who I am and what my life has consisted of.
Intro: Reenacting the conversation my parents had as they decided my first and middle name Body:
1. First name: Malana- Hawaiian for buoyant and light weight- I’m a bubbly person and have many air headed moments
2. Middle name: Renee’- French for Reborn- I have been born again by Christ and transformed into who I am supposed to be
3. Last name: Smith- originally derived from the term “blacksmith”- Through the testing of fire in the trials of my life, I have become strong and beautiful.
Conclusion: Through my first name, Malana, one can see that I have a bubbly character who can have ditzy moments every once in a while. One can also see that through my middle name, Renee’, I have been reborn into the Malana God created me to be instead of who I thought I was supposed to be. And finally, through my last name, Smith, one can see that like a blacksmith using fire to mold metal to make it stronger and beautiful, I too, have become strong and beautiful through the fire that the trials of life brings. An anonymous author once wrote that “words have meaning and names have power” (Anonymous). Names do have power, and that power is to speak into existence whatever we are. So it’s very nice to meet you. My name is “Malana Renee’ Smith”.
 Bibliography:
• Name meaning for Malana: http://www.thinkbabynames.com/meaning/0/Malana
• Name meaning for Renee’: http://www.thinkbabynames.com/meaning/0/Renee

• Anonymous: http://www.quotegarden.com/names.html

No comments:

Post a Comment